Licence Ownership WEEM Block 2
Triumph Energy Group
20% Aminex Petroleum Egypt Ltd 80%
- The West Esh el Mellaha-2 PSA (‘WEEM-2’) covers 996 km2 in the onshore Gulf of Suez region.
- Main prospects are covered by 3D seismic.
- Three wells were drilled in a first period, fulfilling the licence obligation. The third well, South Malak-1, tested limited quantities of oil from Matullah and Eocene Dolomite sands but has not been completed for commercial production.
- The partners have now extended the PSA into a second period with a two well obligation.
- Aminex is free-carried through to commercial production with a beneficial interest of 10%, through a shareholding in Aminex Petroleum Egypt Ltd.