Nyuni Area PSA
Licence Surface Licence Ownership Nyuni 1,682 km2 Ndovu (Aminex) 70%(Operator) RAK Gas 25% Bounty Oil 5%
- The Nyuni Area PSA was signed in October 2011 and replaced the previous Nyuni East Songo Songo PSA which reached maturity with commitments fullfilled.
- Aminex drilled four wells on the Nyuni PSA including the Kiliwani North-1 gas discovery and was granted the Kiliwani North Development Licence in 2011.
- An independent resources report by Isis Petroleum Consultants for Nyuni PSA estimates 1.760 Tcf undiscovered Gas Initially-in-Place (GIIP), Pmean, from Neocomian-age structural traps, and a further 482 Bcf and 200 Bcf undiscovered mean GIIP from Albian/Aptian age, and Top Cretaceous and Eocene structural traps respectively, giving a total of 2.442 Tcf from structural traps.
- Additional stratigraphic prospectivity recognised by ISIS indicates potential for 2.631 Tcf undiscovered mean GIIP unrisked from stratigraphic leads defined by multiple criteria (including the Viazi Prospect recognised by Ophir Energy in the adjacent east Pande licence but pinching out updip in the Nyuni licence), and a further 599 Bcf undiscovered mean GIIP from stratigraphic leads defined by seismic amplitude anomalies, to give a total of 3.23 Tcf
- The total undiscovered mean GIIP from both stratigraphic and structural traps recognised by ISIS is 5.67 Tcf.